Bleach your jeans and give them a new look
If you love our jeans but you are trying to make them look different, we will give you an idea to get that effect by using bleach on them, which will make them look stylish.
“A great advantage of buying any garments made of denim is that you can make changes to them at home, by adding different accessories, iron paint or bleaching them out”, says Salomón Juan Marcos Villarreal, president of Grupo Denim.
Here are the steps you need to follow to bleach your jeans:
- Mix three parts of water with a part of chlorine, buy a special pen for the chlorine, which will help you control the quantity of liquid you want to pour into your jeans.
- Prepare your work area; if you are going to use liquid chlorine, look for a safe place where you can easily work, a bathtub is generally great to do this.
- When making this process, be sure you are not wearing any clothes you do not want to stain with the bleach, just in case there is any accident, so wear some old clothes, and rubber gloves.
- Wet your jeans before you start working with them, this way the bleach will process easily.
- First try with a garment you are not wearing anymore. If you want to learn, you will of course have to experiment with something else first, try this solution with a couple of old jeans you do not wear or you do not like.
- Visualize how you want your jeans to look like, before you apply chlorine over them.
- There are different methods to bleach your jeans, you can apply the chlorine with a sponge on those areas you want to bleach, you can also use and old toothbrush or and old paintbrush. You can also spray out the solution over your jeans.
- Remember to put paper on the back part of your jeans so the bleach will not transfer to the other side.
- After you have done the above, wash out your jeans in cold water.
“Some people opts to bleach out their jeans to give them a new look, they look great and completely different to the original jeans bought”, added Salomón Juan Marcos Villarreal.